Isaiah's First Word
Isaiah has finally spoken his first REAL word. No...it's not Dada or Mama. It's not even one of his sisters. His first and FAVORITE word is 'geese'. Yep. That's it. He makes a hissing sound right after the 'g' sound. Isaiah is fascinated with all the geese that live around us, and he gets very excited when he sees them.
The other night I had to run a late-night errand, and I took Isaiah with me. When we got back home and were walking toward the house, I asked him to say 'geese'. He did. I asked him to say 'Mama'. He shook his head no. I asked him to say 'Dada'. He shook his head no. I asked him to say 'geese' and he did. I repeated this same process a few times, and he was very consistent. He REFUSES to say any other words.
Even though Isaiah does not say any other words, it does not mean that he doesn't talk. He is constantly making sounds--the same sound, just in different pitches. He changes the tone to mean different things, like water, eat, sisters, play, outside, etc. He knows how to get his point across--he just doesn't use words.
I think it's rather funny. TJ does not. I know that when it's finally important enough to him to say what's on his mind (like geese), he will eventually say it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment