Surgery It Is
For the past month, TJ has been doing physical therapy for his shoulder. He had his follow-up appointment today, and he was told that he would need surgery to repair the tear in his rotator cuff. His first concerns were with us (his family) because he will need to take some time off of work. As the sole-provider for our family, that is a valid concern. I was concerned about being able to be there for my husband during the surgery without having to bring along the kids.
TJ is a very hard worker, and he really enjoys working. I know that he will be back to work as quickly as he can...but I don't want him to rush back prematurely. He needs to heal properly so that he doesn't have to do additional repair surgery. We know God's faithfulness, and we know He has already provided everything we will need. My sister Betsy had already planned to be here for vacation during that time, and she has volunteered to watch the kids so that I can be with my husband during his surgery!
So now, I guess, the only concern left for TJ is how to avoid going stir-crazy in the house! I will probably have to take the kids out for some errands or to the park at different times so that he can rest.
4 comments:
Oh yucky. Sorry to hear about the surgery. That's when I knew I had to have surgery....when I was a PT flunky. I will be praying for a quicky recovery.
Jennie
Sorry my brother! I am sure that the kids will love to take care of their Daddy :) I have not doubt that you will be spoil by your wifey! :)
Love you
Your favorite Sis
Jessica
Ouch! I hope that the surgery goes well and that he is able to take the time that he needs to heal.
What a blessing that your sister will here!
I will be praying for a safe surgery, and a quick recovery.
So sorry to hear this.
If you to to come over to let him have some peace, come on over!
Post a Comment