Clear the Table
I completely cleared off our kitchen table tonight. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but let me explain.
For the past 2 months, I have been SEWING, SEWING, SEWING. It started out with a little bit of mending and a project here and there (like curtains). Then it turned into cloth diapers...then it turned into presents for Kiahna's birthday. I no longer have the luxury of having a separate sewing room, so that means my dining room table gets to be converted into the sewing table. For meals, I just push all my things to the side and the kids know NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING!!!
It works out fine for the most part...except I always have a cluttered table. Whenever I see the clutter, it reminds me of work that needs to be done.
My sewing time is AFTER the kids are put into bed. It's virtually impossible to do it during the day. For one, I am constantly having to help someone do something (like wipe a bottom or get dressed). For another reason, I have school to teach, a home to keep clean, meals to cook, bread to make, etc. Many nights I have stayed up WAY past the time that I should have gone to bed, but it feels so good to accomplish and finish something. I hate a sewing project unfinished, though I have done that a time or two.
After I finished sewing Kiahna's birthday presents, I decided that I was going to take AT LEAST a few days off from sewing. As of today, I have extended it a few more days...THIS time deciding that the break needs to also mean that the sewing machines are put UP and AWAY.
I am considering just taking my sewing projects to Arkansas when we go there for Thanksgiving in a few weeks. Realistically, that may be the best time to finish making Isaiah's diapers--which, by the way, I am LOVING!!! I will post more on that later.
For now, I am going to be working on a few other projects that need attention...like organizing and securely storing my digital photos!
0 comments:
Post a Comment