First Foods
Isaiah had his first official food today. I say official because technically he has already eaten a lot--leftover pieces of dinner, cereal bits, bugs, leaves, strings...ANYTHING he can find and put in his mouth before he is caught.
I have never been a big fan of store bought baby food. For each of the girls, I waited until they were a year old and could eat straight table food. My sisters Betsy and Marcie introduced me to a fabulous book (Super Baby Foods) that explains in COMPLETE detail how to prepare and serve whole, healthy foods. I have been reading the book this past week and decided to give whole wheat crackers a try.
I mixed them up, baked them, and put them in a little baggie to take with us today. All of us (the girls were just as excited!) gathered around Isaiah, and I handed him his first cracker. He was thrilled that he was allowed to have it without mom digging her finger in his mouth trying to get it back out.
This week I will mill some brown rice to make for porridge. I will also be introducing avocados and sweet potatoes in the next 2 weeks. Isaiah is going to be a really happy guy!!!
1 comments:
AWWW. He is getting so big!
Post a Comment