This One's For YU!
This blog is dedicated to a specific person out there. (Don't worry, Betsy, I won't mention your name. Mmmm's the word with me!!)
Okay. So this "person" has requested frequent blog updates from friends and family because she has been put on bed rest and is completely bored. She has already read all the magazines she could get her hands on, and TV is a lacking substitute. I'm sure she has surfed the web for as long as she could--the whole world web can get boring when you lack a SPECIFIC mission or inquiry.
So, I decided to take a few moments out of MY busy schedule and post something for her. These are some suggestions to help occupy her time.
#1 Using resources available to you (phone, internet, etc.) locate all those recipes that you've told me you were going to get for me but never had the time (wheat thins, graham crackers, bagels, etc.) Also, inquire on the name of that cook book that you recommended for me.
#2 Chant 572 times, "I love Heidi. She's the best". Make sure you keep count. If you get interrupted or lose track, start all over. This should keep you busy for a while.
#3 Pick up your crochet needles and start working on a baby blanket. If you don't have the right yarn, don't worry about that right now--start practicing on the "demo".
#4 Think and ponder about what a blessing Heidi has been to your life and list all the ways that you could let her know how much you appreciate her.
#5 Arrange digital photos. Is there a way this can be done in a RESTING position? Maybe you could arrange the photos using the laptop and the portable drive and then upload later to your main computer?
#6 Start a list of Heidi's wonder attributes and qualities. Don't worry...I know the list would be endless, so go ahead and just stop at 700.
#7 Do you have any piles of paperwork, bills, that needs to be sorted through? Any scrap booking albums that need to be done for your children?
#8 Write a story about Heidi's positive contribution to your life so that her wonderful legacy can be enjoyed for years to come.
#9 Start back at the beginning of some of your favorite blogs and reread them. It might be interesting to take a "look back" and see how far people have come. You might even find a few gems that have long been forgotten.
Okay. So this "person" has requested frequent blog updates from friends and family because she has been put on bed rest and is completely bored. She has already read all the magazines she could get her hands on, and TV is a lacking substitute. I'm sure she has surfed the web for as long as she could--the whole world web can get boring when you lack a SPECIFIC mission or inquiry.
So, I decided to take a few moments out of MY busy schedule and post something for her. These are some suggestions to help occupy her time.
#1 Using resources available to you (phone, internet, etc.) locate all those recipes that you've told me you were going to get for me but never had the time (wheat thins, graham crackers, bagels, etc.) Also, inquire on the name of that cook book that you recommended for me.
#2 Chant 572 times, "I love Heidi. She's the best". Make sure you keep count. If you get interrupted or lose track, start all over. This should keep you busy for a while.
#3 Pick up your crochet needles and start working on a baby blanket. If you don't have the right yarn, don't worry about that right now--start practicing on the "demo".
#4 Think and ponder about what a blessing Heidi has been to your life and list all the ways that you could let her know how much you appreciate her.
#5 Arrange digital photos. Is there a way this can be done in a RESTING position? Maybe you could arrange the photos using the laptop and the portable drive and then upload later to your main computer?
#6 Start a list of Heidi's wonder attributes and qualities. Don't worry...I know the list would be endless, so go ahead and just stop at 700.
#7 Do you have any piles of paperwork, bills, that needs to be sorted through? Any scrap booking albums that need to be done for your children?
#8 Write a story about Heidi's positive contribution to your life so that her wonderful legacy can be enjoyed for years to come.
#9 Start back at the beginning of some of your favorite blogs and reread them. It might be interesting to take a "look back" and see how far people have come. You might even find a few gems that have long been forgotten.
#10 Call 20 people and share with them some of Heidi's wonderful attributes that you listed in Activity #6.
#11 Organize and update your recipe book. Make a list of 10 NEW recipes that you would like to make when you can get off of bed rest. You could also check out some new cookbooks at the library to look through. I recently picked up 2 that are very interesting (The Illustrated Kitchen Bible and I'm just Here for MORE FOOD by Alton Brown) but I haven't had the time to read them like I wish I could. Both of these are "teaching" books on cooking--very interesting.
Well, My Dear ANONYMOUS Friend, I hope this helps you to keep busy. When you finish this list, I can work on another one for you--just let me know. Then again, you do have the time to write your own list!!!
1 comments:
This list cracks me up...How thoughtful of you to take time to make this unique list of things for your sister to do.
I noticed a theme here, but I doubt anyone else will pick up on it. ;~) haha!
Post a Comment