Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Save the Lesson for Later

There have been countless times over the years that the girls have mispronounced words or phrases from time to time. My desire is that they will learn the correct pronunciation...eventually. For now I love to hear them speak their own version of the words they hear.

For instance, Kiahna was in the bathroom today taking her time doing her business--she considers bathroom time the PERFECT time to have lengthy conversations with me. Kiahna was telling me all the reasons why she shouldn't go potty at Frontier City...the toilets have food on them, they are dirty, they have water on them, AND because the "SPA GEE TOES" were walking on it. It truly cracks me up because I imagine blood-thirsty Spaghetti O's crawling all over the toilet.

Then on another occasion a few weeks ago while shopping at Wal-Mart, she told me how much she wanted a "Middy Oughta" for her birthday. I'm wondering what kind of new toy this is, and where in the world she ever heard of such a thing. I asked her to tell me about it, and what she described turned out to be nothing other than a birthday pinata! It didn't take me long to figure it out once she said the key words "Dora" and "fiesta".

I guess that I could tell her that "Spa Gee Toes" are really mosquitoes and a "Middy Oughta" is really just a pinata...but I will just save that lesson for later.

0 comments: