Homeschool Convention
Today I went to the homeschool convention. I was able to go to bed last night at midnight, and I woke up at 7:00 AM to get ready. Surprisingly, Isaiah slept through the whole night--I had to finally wake him up at 8:00 AM so I could get him ready to go with me.
We (Isaiah and I) had a GREAT time! At first it was very overwhelming. There were so many things to see and so much to "check out". I literally went around twice before I stopped at any booths.
Before the convention, I had planned on ONLY looking for future curriculum, but I ended up walking away with a few extra "treasures" that I found along the way. I found some very good and interesting character books that we (all of us!) will be working on in the near future. I don't think I want to wait until this next year school year to get started. We will probably go ahead and begin working on them now.
I was very happy to discover that Niah is actually a year ahead in her math studies--she is really excited about that!
We (Isaiah and I) had a GREAT time! At first it was very overwhelming. There were so many things to see and so much to "check out". I literally went around twice before I stopped at any booths.
Before the convention, I had planned on ONLY looking for future curriculum, but I ended up walking away with a few extra "treasures" that I found along the way. I found some very good and interesting character books that we (all of us!) will be working on in the near future. I don't think I want to wait until this next year school year to get started. We will probably go ahead and begin working on them now.
I was very happy to discover that Niah is actually a year ahead in her math studies--she is really excited about that!
TJ dropped the girls off at 3:30 PM, and so they spent the last 2 hours with me. They enjoyed looking at all the different "toys". They each walked away with a special treat/souvenir. Even I walked away with a special treat! The nursing mother's room had a drawing for a fashionable nursing cover, and I won it! Yeah, for me!!! I have already used it today, and I love it!
I am home now. I am exhausted, but it was worth it. I am already looking forward to next year's convention...
0 comments:
Post a Comment