Friday, April 24, 2009

Where's My Stuff?

It seems these days that I am having difficulty keeping track of my things. Hot ticket items include my cellphone and/or bluetooth, keys, hairbrush, and the latest is a specific crochet book that I need before I can finish Isaiah's new blanket.

I search high and low for the item, and if it still can't be found, I offer $5-10 dollars to anyone who finds it. Let me add that this is HARRIS currency, not redeemable in any store or banking institution and valid only for our Prize Box--five dollars equals about 5 cents in USA currency. Inflation is high, I know...but just saying the word "dollars" helps with their motivation in ways that "pennies, nickels, and dimes" do not. It has crossed my mind that if they are smart, (which they are) they may one day purposefully hide my items in the hopes that I will put up ransom. This hasn't been the case...yet.

I really do need to find my book. All I have left to do, is finish the edging around the blanket. I am so close to being done. I just need that book! I may have to up the ante to $15.

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Hopefully, you aren't losing your "words," too! I can't seem to remember what the simplest things are called anymore... like a chair for example. It takes me several seconds to get it to come out. ;~) Talk about feeling old..

Hope you find your book!
Shirley~