Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kiahna's Pet

For the past few days, Kiahna has randomly asked me if certain animals bite. She asked me about rabbits, guinea pigs, armadillos, chinchillas, horses, raccoons, along with many others. I would always answer, "Yes, they bite if you scare them or put your finger in their mouths". She would accept this answer and go on about her business. I didn't think any more about it until this morning. She named a few "biting" animals, and then she asked about seahorses. I couldn't think of any incidences of a biting seahorse, so I told her, "No, I don't think they bite". Her face lit up, and she immediately asked, "Can I have one?!!!"

All of a sudden, it all made sense--she had been asking about the animals because she wants her own pet, but she doesn't want one that bites. Too cute!!!

--Heidi

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I *love* this story! How cute... she was doing some investigating before asking!

Anonymous said...

Adorable1 smart girl! Aunty Jessica