Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What NOT to do...

Last night I made a double batch of brownies supreme (brownies with nuts and chocolate chips). I took the baking dishes out of the oven and put one on the counter and the other on the front burner of the stove. I have limited counter space, so I sometimes use the stove top as cooling racks. Niah and I sampled the brownies, and they were positively delicious!

At around 9:30 PM, TJ called to inform me that he was on his way home from work. He asked if I could boil 3 eggs for him. I told him no problem and immediately went into the kitchen, filled up a saucepan with water, put 3 eggs inside the pan, put the pan on the stove, turned on the heat, and went back to finishing my project in the living room.

About 5 minutes later, I hurt this loud, bursting explosion. I went into the kitchen to discovered that one of the brownie pans had exploded everywhere and was continuing to burn on the stove. That's right--I turned on the WRONG burner and blew up my brownies.

I just wanted to cry. Not only did I have a mess to clean up (for days!), but my delicious brownies were ruined! No late night snacking for me!!!

--Heidi

2 comments:

Marcie and BIll said...

Awwww, how sad for you! All that mess, and no reward....its just not fair.

Shirley said...

That really stinks!! I'm not sure which part is the worst, though... cleaning up a mess like that, or not getting to enjoy those yummy brownies!

Shirley