Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching Up

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted anything. There has been a lot going on but not enough time to write about it.

As of today, I have 3 weeks to go before the baby will be here...unless he decides to come early. NO, we have not OFFICIALLY decided on a name, but we do have an idea of what it will be.

I lost the last week of our Christmas/New Year break. I spent it laying in bed sick. There were a few days that I was up for only an hour or two--definitely not the way I wanted to spend my vacation.

Once I started feeling better, I started to feel overwhelmed, because I had lost all that time. I only have so many weekends (free time) before the baby gets here, and I have a lot to do. I am not able to get the house stuff done during the week because we are doing school.

Yesterday and today, TJ and I made very good progress on clearing out our closet for the baby--we are making the closet the baby's room. For those of you who saw our closet before we started working on, you could appreciate the amount of work it is taking to clear out the stuff and find another place for it. At this point, I have completed about 80% and have a little bit more to go.

I had a baby appointment this past Friday, and I had gained my first 2 pounds. I hope I don't gain too much more weight in the next 3 weeks. It would be nice to keep my total weight gain under 10 pounds.

Niah has been taking swim lessons for the past 2 weekends. She has 2 more lessons to go. This was one of her Christmas presents--a month of swim lessons. She has really enjoyed them, and I have been happy that she's been learning a lot in such a short amount of time. I would like to have all 3 girls take lessons this summer. A few ladies in our homeschool group have said they've done the summer swim programs with great success. They tend to be a lot cheaper, and they still learn some things. I think Aliya and Kiahna would try more things if someone other than me was helping them.

Back on baby...I still haven't taken any baby shot pictures. I need to do that soon, and then I will post the pictures up. We were going to do that today, but I couldn't find the camera. Finally I asked TJ, and he knew right where it was. I should have asked sooner. I will try to get some pictures taken this week.

I will also try to post again before the baby is born, but don't hold me to it.

--Heidi

0 comments: