Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good Tidings

We left late last night to head back to Arkansas. We had a wonderfully long visit. There were so many good things that happened while we were there.

First, Kiahna no longer wears diapers. That's a really big one! Second, the party was very enjoyable. Third, I got to spend some extra special time with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a few years. Fourth, TJ GOT THE PART TIME JOB THAT HE HAS BEEN WANTING, AND HE STARTED LAST WEEK. Fifth, we got to be with TJ for his first week at his new part time job. Sixth, we spent a lot of time fishing, swimming, and visiting White Water and Frontier City. Seventh, Niah got to spend time with her special girl friend. Eighth, I got the house cleared of all clutter--it looks really nice! Ninth, I cooked and I cooked and I cooked so that TJ would have a freezer full of meals that he can quickly heat up while we are not there. Tenth, I made straight curtains.

For those of you who don't sew, you won't appreciate #10 on the list. I did not have a cutting table for the fabric, but I was able to use the kitchen floor and my mat as a cutting guide. I am thankful that they turned out straight--the word "miracle" comes to mind.

Today, I have been playing catch up. I am mostly unpacked, but I still have some things to put away. There have been many little changes throughout the house since we have been gone--my mom has been very busy! She has painted walls, made curtains, put up new wall decorations, etc. It all looks very nice.

Most of all, it's been good to visit with everyone again. The girls and I are going to Betsy's tomorrow for a play date. We are all excited for that! Now that I have regular computer access again, I should be posting a little more frequently.

--Heidi

0 comments: