A Mom's Definintion of Success
We put away Kiahna's diapers this past Saturday, and she has been in training pants (real ones--not pull-ups) ever since. She had two #2 accidents and several pee pee accidents, but overall she is doing great. She has gone #2 several times in the potty now--enough to reward her own Diego backpack. She is very excited, and she knows that this means she is a REAL big girl now!
It's almost evening time now, and she has not had an accident yet for today. I am so proud of her. She is doing great. I am also very proud of ourselves because we have not given in--even when it was very hard not to. My sister Betsy really encouraged me not to give up and go back to diapers no matter what. She said that if I couldn't be consistent, then how could I expect Kiahna to be. I already knew this to be true, but it was great having a big shove in the right direction. This was just as much a test for me as it was for Kiahna. (Hey...where's my special reward???)
I had the party to go to Saturday night and I knew that it might not be the best time to begin this process, but I had already determined that Saturday would be the day and I didn't want to delay it any further. Kiahna did have several accidents that night, but I was already prepared. I had several changes of clothes and undies ready.
This has been a great week...and it's just started!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment