Shhhh...Dont' Tell!
I am leaving tomorrow morning for Oklahoma City. I have decided that this time I am NOT telling Kiahna and Aliya until we are already on the way. If I told them, then they would want to pack up all their toys, books, and clothes. Frankly, I just don't have the room. I would like to take one trip where I can actually see out of all my mirrors at the same time. Well, of course not exactly the same time...I would have to have more eyes to do that!
The purpose of the trip is to attend a good-bye party for my favorite doctor I used to work for. I will also get to see a very special friend that I haven't seen for a long time. Even though I am very excited to go to the party, I would rather stay an extra week here to finish school. The girls and I have been working so hard to get caught up, and we have been doing great. I am really proud of all their hard work. Niah is almost caught up and actually almost done for this year. I still have an extra week to catch up with for Aliya. It's going to be June by the time I return, and I had hoped NOT to be doing school then, but it looks like we will be.
I plan to tutor the girls with just a few subjects over the summer--nothing too strenuous for them or for me, but I do want to start this coming year off with a bang. I am really proud for the way we have completed this year, and I want a good start in this year to come.
When we finally are caught up, we are going to celebrate with an ice cream party. We will be celebrating with honorary students (like cousin Taya and Gwyneth, plus friend Dalton) and honorary teachers (like Betsy and my mom). It will be lots of fun! Once the school year is officially over, I want to make them a scrapbook yearbook for the school year.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment