The First Week is Done!
As of 15 minutes ago, my first week of homeschooling is completed! Yeah!!! The kids do not seem as thrilled as I am. They really love to do their school work (so far) so it doesn't matter to them. For me, it means that I don't have to stay up late to work on assignments and tomorrow, I can just be me for a day! I will have to spend some time this weekend preparing for next week's lessons, but I can do that at my leisure.
This week went by pretty good. Niah is off to a good start. I only have a few more introductory lessons for her, and she will be completing lessons on her own (for the most part). She sailed through her typing lessons. If she stays at the current rate, she will be typing proficiently within 3-5 months. Can you believe that? It took me almost 2 years of keyboarding in high school to learn what she is learning!
Aliya is already counting 01-12, and she can recognize numbers 01-05. Next week we will begin basic math. She also loves to practice the French lessons. I let her do this for fun, not for testing. She thinks it's important because Niah does it.
Kiahna is learning her colors, shapes, and overall vocabulary. She is speaking so many new words. I will be video taping her saying some words because it is so cute!
Marcie will be happy to know that I made it to bed around midnight the past 2 nights. My late night WEEKDAYS are over for a while.
I made it through the first week...now I only have 35 more weeks to go!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment