Monday, September 3, 2007

Start of a New Thing

Sunday we had our school party for the girls. They had a great time--ESPECIALLY ALIYA!!! She is so excited to be starting school. Niah is ready and anxious to get started, and Kiahna is just excited about her Dora backpack.

Tomorrow is our first day of school. The girls were too excited to go to bed early. It was really hard for Aliya to go to sleep, but she finally did. Tomorrow we will get up, get dressed, have breakfast, and then TJ will take us to our school (we are going to the library tomorrow). He will come back later to pick us up. We both have always taken Niah to school. This year, we both will be taking the girls to school, but I just won't be leaving!

I am a little nervous to get started. I want everything to be perfect, and I know that it won't be so I just have to remember to relax and enjoy teaching. I have to remind myself that everything does not have to be perfect, and that we will learn as we go along what works best and what doesn't.
I will let you know tomorrow how our day went.

--Heidi

0 comments: