No Turning Back Now
Today, I started potty training Kiahna. I know that I have a lot of challenges on my plate right now, but I figured that I was just going to have to pick a day and just do it--otherwise, she might be 15 years old before a CONVENIENT time actually appears. I have already waited longer than I had wanted to, and so continuing to wait just didn't make sense anymore.
Kiahna's little friend "DeeDee" also started her potty training today. We gave the girls a chart (piece of paper) and added stickers to it every time they "made rain or mud" in the potty. By the end of the afternoon, DeeDee had 5 stickers...Kiahna had 0. That's right, folks. A big, fat, ZERO!
Later on that evening, I anteed up the bribe to candy. I still was changing wet panties, but at least I got a few drips two times! She was much more enthusiastic about the candy prizes than the stickers--I guess she really does take after me!!! In the long term, I am going to have to switch to a healthier prize. In the mean time, I will take my small victories no matter how I get them.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment