Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where Do We Go From Here?

It appears that we will be moving in the VERY near future. The house is under contract and should be ready to close in about 2 weeks. I knew that it was under contract, but we didn't find out until yesterday that it seems to be a done deal. There were about 10 people out here today doing the inspections. I met the gentleman buyer. His wife wasn't with him. It feels very strange. I'm not sure exactly how to process it yet. Of course, he is excited. I know how he feels--I felt the same way just a few years ago.

Right now we are just packing things up and moving them into storage. TJ's mom is gracious enough to allow us to rest our heads at her place until we know where we are going. The first week in July we will be in Ohio for TJ's family reunion. We will be houseless, but not homeless.

I haven't called anybody to tell them personally. I don't really feel like talking about it. I am still not sure how I feel yet. I know in the big picture, we will be fine--we are survivors and we will make it through to the other side. But sometimes the little picture is where you hold the tears. It's the place in your heart that hurts--even if you know eventually it will be okay.

The girls are doing pretty good. Niah's biggest concern is for her turtle. We are not sure how, but we are going to keep her. Aliya wants to make sure that we are taking all her stuff. She asks specifically about each item. She even asked if we could take the back door! She seems okay with it overall, but then occasionally she will just say "I don't want to leave. This is MY house!"

Right now the plan is to let the dust settle, and then go from there.

--Heidi

3 comments:

Jen said...

I will be praying for you guys. (((((HUGS)))))

Jennie

Anonymous said...

Love you.

Betsy

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, and we'll be praying. I have kept meaning to call you. Perhaps it is good I did not in order to give you a little bit more time to digest all these changes. When you are ready, give me a call.

Love, Marcie