Can Time Be Squeezed?
We are trying a new experiment--we are going to be squeezing in a week of activities in just 24 hours. We figure if we take 2 people, intensify the heat, create a lot of sweat, decrease sleep hours, and mix it all up with a day off from the regular job, it might just work! The results would be a major breakthrough for mankind!
Actually, the truth is we have a wedding to go to tomorrow night (Wednesday). TJ put in for time off, but then all this moving stuff has come up. Now we are thinking that the time might be better spent packing and moving. If it was just an ordinary wedding (yes, weddings can be ordinary), then I wouldn't even bother--but this wedding is a once in a life time event. I think we should just get up in the morning, work as long as we can (early afternoon), and then get ready to go to the wedding. We need a break--we can't have too many, though, or we won't get our stuff done. Sometimes a break can be refreshing and give you more energy to do all that you do have to get done. Sometimes if you just work, work, work with no rest, you actually become weary and less productive--even though you are working all the time. Does it sound like I have talked myself into going to the wedding? I think it does...I guess I will know for sure tomorrow!
--Heidi
Actually, the truth is we have a wedding to go to tomorrow night (Wednesday). TJ put in for time off, but then all this moving stuff has come up. Now we are thinking that the time might be better spent packing and moving. If it was just an ordinary wedding (yes, weddings can be ordinary), then I wouldn't even bother--but this wedding is a once in a life time event. I think we should just get up in the morning, work as long as we can (early afternoon), and then get ready to go to the wedding. We need a break--we can't have too many, though, or we won't get our stuff done. Sometimes a break can be refreshing and give you more energy to do all that you do have to get done. Sometimes if you just work, work, work with no rest, you actually become weary and less productive--even though you are working all the time. Does it sound like I have talked myself into going to the wedding? I think it does...I guess I will know for sure tomorrow!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment