What's Burning?
Aliya wanted malt-0-meal for breakfast, so I put a pot of water on the stove to heat it up. A few minutes later, I go back into the kitchen to add the malt-o-meal to the hot water, but it already had some in it!!! Aliya had decided to cook her own breakfast! She actually did a pretty good job except that she spilled some on the stove top and it was starting to burn. This is a tough one for me...I didn't want to reprimand her for taking the initiative to "help" but at the same time, she has to know that she can't cook by herself yet. As a mother, I don't want to crush the willingness to help because in a few years I will be trying desperately to get it back.
I also lost points today for the "Best Mother of the Year Award". Kiahna has a rather noticeable blue knot on her forehead from where the door hit her when I was opening it up. The door was one of those heavy doors, so I opened it up pretty hard--which means it met Kiahna's forehead with more than a gentle tap. I felt SOOOO bad! I had better get my act together soon because Mother's Day is right around the corner! If I keep this up, I may not even get a card!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment