Suprise Vacation
Tonight I met Jennie and the kids at the Braum's in Yukon, OK. They are on their way to Arkansas to spend the weekend with the family. We had a great time visiting--we (mostly me) were actually goofing off and playing around. Finally Jennie decided they had better get back on the road because it was already going be midnight or one o'clock in the morning before they get there. As we were saying good-bye, Josh and Niah ask if Niah could come with them. It sounded like an okay idea but it would have been a better idea had I thought about it before--then I could have already had her bag packed. I'm sitting there trying to remember if we have things to do (which we do--Niah has a project that needs to get done, I have MANY things to get done, etc.), and I'm trying to think if these things could be postponed. I called TJ to see what he thought. He said that he was just thinking about me going up there before I even called! Then I called Betsy because I thought that maybe she would suggest that it would be too much, which would make me stay here and get those things accomplished like I am supposed to--BUT SHE DIDN'T! She said they could make room for us! So here I am--trapped between all the things I need to do and the chance to run away for a little vacation. I decided on the vacation.
Niah went ahead and road with Jennie to Arkansas. I came back home to pack up our clothes. Is this insane or what? Then to top that off, Marcie and Lori are coming back Sunday night. It would be great to get to stay and see them, but Niah has school on Monday. I would suggest that she miss a day, but she has SAT tests and she can't miss that. Regardless, this spontaneous trip is the craziest thing I have done in a while! This is not usually in my natural character--normally I like to have things planned out. I like spontaneity when in the boundaries of a controlled environment. Surprises are good but HINTED surprises are better! Oh, well!!! It will be fun!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment