Sunday, April 1, 2007

No Fair For Me!

I made funnel cakes for the first time last night! They actually turned out pretty good! I always felt that they had to be rather easy to make. Sure enough, I was right! When I first started cooking them, I asked TJ how many he wanted. He told me as many as I wanted to make. After I made about 6 of them, he told me I could stop. I only had a little taste from one of the funnel cakes. I don't really care for them that much. Somehow fried batter doesn't really appeal to me.

TJ has been asking me for years to make some. Every time we were at the fair or amusement park, he wanted to buy some. I always told him "NO!" because they were way too expensive. I also could never pay $5.00 for a hot dog that costs less than a quarter to make!

We went yesterday to Frontier City. We got double park passes this year as a treat for the girls--and for us as a family! Last year we didn't do anything all summer except the library and park. THIS summer we promised the girls that it would be their summer, and we would have fun no matter what else was going on around us. I plan to take the girls during the day to either park several times a week . Then we can also go on the weekend or at night when TJ gets off of work. We have some extra tickets for guests to come with us free so if you want to come visit and go to the park, let me know.

When we left to go to Frontier City, we forgot the diaper bag--it had the camera in it! We will try to remember next time so we can take some pictures. Kiahna and Aliya rode in some little canoes--it was SOOOO cute! Aliya is "the big girl now". She thinks she is so brave for riding the little roller coaster! This year Niah was tall enough to ride all the big rides, so that's what Niah and I did. I haven't gotten to ride the big rides in a long time! I want to get my time in before another little baby arrives.

--Heidi

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like so much fun. I know what you mean about spending an arm and leg for fair food. I don't want to do that knowing I can go to a REALLY REALLY good restaurant for what it would take for us to have a hotdog and a coke. If it works out this summer for us to come and visit maybe we can take you up on one of those tickets.

Jennie

Harris Family said...

First come, First served!!! :)