What Did You Expect?
Okay, so maybe the majority opinion is "why do I have 2 blogs"--well, if you have to ask the question, then you probably won't understand the answer. Besides, it's probably a well known (but not necessarily accepted) fact that I don't do everything just like everybody else. I may start doing something like everyone else, but then halfway down the road I start thinking and pondering over it...which then brings up questions that need to be answered--then usually the answer will bring about a change. Granted, the question of 2 blogs is not a very complex question, BUT it does brings to mind a whole other set of thoughts. But of course, What Did You Expect?--it's Heidi...the person who made 20 blankets for one kid!
One of my pet peeves is going a long life never knowing why we do the things we do. I don't like the answer "it's just the way we've always done it". I may not be able to change the world, but I can start with me! The inquisitive approach dates back to probably early infancy--My parents would have to validate the accuratey of that statement, but they have told me many times that most of my conversations started with "why" or "how".
I haven't always responded well to things that needed changing--sometimes I rebelled against the wrong doing (which actually is a worse offense), other times I just avoided the subject because I didn't know what to do. Now, I try to let God show me what the REAL issue is and how exactly it should be restored. Many times the real issue is my RESPONSE to the topic and not the actual topic itself. Other times a wrong attitude (like being critical or judgemental) has to be addressed before the actual topic is dealt with. Sometimes it's a quick fix, sometimes it's a lengthy process--and it is just that...A PROCESS!!! Sometimes the pace is slow... other times it is greatly accelerated.
So, all that to say this..."WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!!" Just chalk it all up to 'Heidi being Heidi'. Just know that I appreciate you all loving me in spite of me.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment