To Ride or Not to Ride
I know it's been a few days since the last post--since nobody has responded yet (which means nobody is reading) then I guess it really doesn't matter. Overall, I have been pretty quiet the past few days--I have a lot of things to digest and think over.
On to something more interesting, I rode my bike to my dentist appointment this morning! It's about 2 miles there and then 2 miles back. I didn't do my exercises the night before because I knew that I would ride in the morning. My car was out of commission until we could get replacement parts for the manifold, so my choice was either to ride my bike or learn how to drive the Banana Boat. I am confident in my driving abilities, and I am not limited to only automatics--I have been trained well to drive a 5-speed vehicle. A few of my own vehicles in the past have been 5-speeds. The problems is with ALL the other instructions that come with driving the Banana Boat. That car pretty much falls apart while you are driving it. I am not used to having to hold the fender together with one hand, shifting with your knees, holding the door with your other hand, and steering with your chin. All very complicated to me--and that's just getting out of the driveway! That's not talking about how you jump start your vehicle WHILE you are already going 70 mph on the highway or funneling oil while driving because it leaks faster than you can pour it. Riding my bike was a much simpler solution.
On to something more interesting, I rode my bike to my dentist appointment this morning! It's about 2 miles there and then 2 miles back. I didn't do my exercises the night before because I knew that I would ride in the morning. My car was out of commission until we could get replacement parts for the manifold, so my choice was either to ride my bike or learn how to drive the Banana Boat. I am confident in my driving abilities, and I am not limited to only automatics--I have been trained well to drive a 5-speed vehicle. A few of my own vehicles in the past have been 5-speeds. The problems is with ALL the other instructions that come with driving the Banana Boat. That car pretty much falls apart while you are driving it. I am not used to having to hold the fender together with one hand, shifting with your knees, holding the door with your other hand, and steering with your chin. All very complicated to me--and that's just getting out of the driveway! That's not talking about how you jump start your vehicle WHILE you are already going 70 mph on the highway or funneling oil while driving because it leaks faster than you can pour it. Riding my bike was a much simpler solution.
I think I am only going to wait a few more days before telling everyone verbally about the new blog site. It's not fun playing a game when no one else is playing.
--Heidi
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment