The Great Change Challenge
Tonight begins the "Great Change Challenge". Both TJ and I will be exercising at least once a day 4-6 times a week. My first goal will be to lose 45 pounds...TJ wants to start with 20. We will be posting result updates in the weeks to come. We wanted to get a fitness head start before the warm weather fully arrives--that way we will be in better shape to do outside exercise activities with the girls. Many of you know that before Kiahna was born, I used to bike ride with Niah and Aliya for at least an hour a day. It wasn't always fun, but I found that if the kids where involved, it made me get up and out or otherwise I would hear them asking over and over and over if we could go riding. When your children ask to go do something healthy, it makes it harder to say "No, let's just sit here in front of the TV, eat lots of junk food, and veg out". Besides, I am looking forward to being a smaller size again. The world and all the worldly seats are not made for large people. You don't realize how small the world gets when you start gaining weight. Suddenly everywhere you go, things have "shrunk" around you--car seats, stadium or movie seats, restaurant booths, showers...evening walking past people in the hallways or elevators. There have been many times I have bumped into people just because I was using up more space then my mind thought I was. In my mind, I still look thinner--it's only when I see pictures or video clips of myself that I think "WOW! You're big!!!" Being big is not necessarily a horrible thing. I have allowed myself grace to be bigger this past year and half because I wanted to concentrate on my children (especially the baby) as well as other things. Now it is just time to do something different. Time for GREAT CHANGES!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment