Our T2
Our son eats anything and everything. From the moment he was born, he showed us right away that he knew where his mouth was and how to use it!
At first it was only his hands, fingers, and blankets. Then it was toys and any objects he could grab a hold of (like our phones or keys). Once he started crawling, it was anything that he could find--leftover bits of food, dead bugs, leaves, sticks, string, beads, dirt, etc. Now that he is walking, there really are no limits to what he can find.
The girls are constantly shouting, "Isaiah has something in his mouth! Isaiah has something in his mouth!" Today he was biting off chunks of my white board eraser and eating them. He also found a medium-sized ball that he could fit inside his mouth! His tasty treats shows up as "little treasures" in his diapers.
We hoped that introducing REAL foods to him would curve his appetite for the undesirables, but Isaiah will get down from his high chair after a FULL MEAL and find more "snacks" to munch on.
By now, I have come to the realization that all the munching in NOT from hunger, but it is simply how he explores his surroundings. He is definitely a hands-on (technically, mouth-on) learner, and he probably always will be. I'm still hoping for a day when he DOESN'T constantly put things in his mouth...I'm just smart enough not to name a deadline!
So...now the question is, what's up with "T2". Well, actually, that is his nickname given to him by his Daddy. Apparently in French, T2 (spelled Titou per Auntie Jessica!!!) means someone who is always nibbling on something or putting things in their mouth. I never knew how to spell it, and TJ didn't either...but one day he was texting me and used the abbreviation T2, and I thought it was perfect! So, Isaiah is our little T2.
We love you, Son. Even though this stage is rather startling at times, we want you to be all that God created you to be. So...to quote my little darling Ginny Girl, "I'm gonna EAT YOU UP!!!"
P.S. It's REALLY cute when SHE says it!!!
2 comments:
That sounds a bit like you..
That is a CUTE nickname!
I guess having him around helps to keep you motivated when it comes to picking up your house, huh? :)
Post a Comment