Thursday, June 18, 2009

What Happened???

I was all set for last night to be a good sleeping night--It would be our third night, and the first 2 went pretty well. I even asked TJ if he wanted to sleep back in his own bed. HE had the foresight that I did not because he said he would wait to make sure Isaiah REALLY had his new sleeping routine down.

I put Isaiah down at 10:20 PM because he was already falling asleep. He woke up at 11:30 PM and stayed awake until 3:00 AM. I let him cry it out (using the 5-7 minute technique decided in a previous post) for 1.5 hours, then I just got him up. He was WIDE AWAKE! I went a head and fed him, and after I did, he gave me the CUTEST smile ever! I couldn't help but smile back.

I'm not sure what really happened. If I was to guess, I would say that putting him down earlier gave him a little "power nap" that he just couldn't recover from. Maybe he just wanted me to remember that life evolves around him--I don't know, but I am going to make him wait until 11:00 PM to go to sleep tonight. Maybe that will help. I hope that last night was just a temporary bump in the road to sleep success. At least it keeps me humble...

0 comments: