Two Weeks Already
Isaiah is 2 weeks old today. The time is really going by fast. He is already growing and filling out. In another 2 weeks, he probably won't even look like the same tiny baby!
Today was our first official day by ourselves. My mom came to stay with us the Friday before Isaiah was born. Then this past Saturday, my Dad and sisters (Betsy and Lori) came up for the day to visit. By that evening everyone had left, and it was just us.
We spent Sunday together as a family and enjoyed the day. Both TJ and I were not sure how today was going to go. TJ's back to his regular schedule, and I am trying to get back to mine. I decided to take a few more days off from school until I'm sure I can handle it again.
We ran several errands today, and it wasn't that bad--not really any more tiring than before. When we came home, the girls and I swooped through the house and got it all cleaned up before TJ came home from work. He sat down and ate dinner with the girls (I wasn't hungry, but Isaiah was). He spent a little bit of time with them before tucking them in for the night and heading to bed himself.
Overall I am very pleased with the day. Last week I wasn't too sure that I would be able to handle today, but I found that I did... and it actually wasn't that bad.
Tomorrow we are going to do some school. The girls have been asking to do school, so tomorrow we will work on some of our catch-up work. Then if that goes well, we will probably either start up again on Wednesday.
Life is good. We are very happy to have Isaiah with us, and he seems to be pretty happy to be here, too!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment