Report Cards
This week we completed our first 9 weeks of school. Report cards will be handed out next weekend, followed by a parent-teacher conference. The girls really enjoy this time, and I have to admit, TJ and I enjoy it, too. This is the time where the girls really get to showcase all of their hard work.
I am so proud of their accomplishments--Niah is reading, reading, and reading! When we run errands, she now has a book in her hand. At night, she can be found reading a book, under the covers, with a nightlight. This is a HUGE accomplishment because just a year ago, she despised having to read anything.
Aliya is becoming much more focused in all her learning. She is taking a new pride in her abilities to apply the knowledge that she is obtaining. It's wonderful seeing her face light up when she realizes that she really has learned something important!
Kiahna continues to be a sponge and picks up things here and there from her sisters. She participates in most things that we do--she especially loves Bible and story time. I have often caught Aliya "teaching" Kiahna the things that she has learned.
I am so thankful that we made this choice for our family. I would not wish it to be any other way.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment