Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Old Year!

In less than an hour, this year as it appears on our calendar, will be over and the new one will begin. As I have been reflecting over this past year and what all has occurred, I find myself not wanting to say too much--mostly because I feel pulled and stretched. 2007 was NOT a middle-of-the-line kind of year...it seemed to be either far right or far left.

I leave the year 2007 with the impression that it was a necessary year, but a year that I would not want to relive ever again. This past year was a year of strong emotions--not only did we experience strong emotions, but our emotions also grew stronger.

At the beginning of the year, we knew that this would be a year of great change. We were not sure as to the extent, but we knew it would be severe. Even though we knew there were huge changes ahead of us, I still felt weak as we faced each one. I wasn't sure how I could endure and move forward at the same time. I often found myself without any strength to get up--it was this year that I began to really see the Strength of the Lord in my life. I know that I could not have survived this past year if it wasn't for His strength that He so mercifully gave to me.

In just a few minutes, the girls will be tucked in bed for the night (hopefully), and I am going to take a hot bath. I will take the phone with me because I know my Sweetheart will be calling me to wish me a Happy New Year.

--Heidi

0 comments: