No More Smiles...
This afternoon I was sitting at the computer (big surprise, huh?) just talking with Niah, and I felt a funny shift with my front tooth. I looked in the mirror saw that my tooth had a crack in it. When I touched it, it broke apart. Now I have only half of a tooth! I couldn't believe it! Of course this had to happen on a weekend so that I would have to wait a few days until I can be seen at the dentist office.
I do not consider myself to be a vain person, but not having a front tooth bothers me! I felt like my IQ dropped significantly! Obviously I am face-to-face with a prejudice I didn't even realize I had! I began to think about the different thoughts that cross my mind when I see broken/missing teeth, yellow teeth, gold teeth, crooked teeth, straight teeth, white teeth, etc.
My tooth will soon be repaired...hopefully my consideration for others will be also.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment