Over the Edge
For the past 2 days, I have been considering moving Kiahna out of her playpen crib into the girls bed so that sleeping arrangements could be simplified. I thought that I had a few weeks to think it over and prepare Kiahna (like teaching her how to sleep in a big bed), but as of yesterday, I no longer have to make a decision...the decision was made for me!
I had put Kiahha down for her nap, but I was still in the room getting Aliya ready for her nap. I looked over at Kiahna, and she had her leg over the edge of her playpen, and she lifted herself over the bed. I told her "NO!" and put her back in the bed. A few minutes later, she was out again. The first time it only took her 1 second to get out--the second time it was only half a second. I packed up her crib and decided to go ahead and teach her to sleep in the bed without getting down from it.
So far she has been doing great. I have stayed in the room with her until she falls asleep--which usually lasts less than 10 minutes. I will be working my way out of the room little-by-little until she gets to the point that I can just lay her down in bed and trust that she stays there.
Today, it was so cute when she woke up from her nap. I was just siting in the living room talking to MiMi when Kiahna opened up the bedroom door and walked out. She was so proud of herself! I guess it is true that kids grow up faster than parents!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment