Sunday, January 16, 2011

Celebrating 100

I started running back on October 25, 2010. My first night was slow...I clocked 2.4 miles in 36 minutes. I have ran several times since then, and my time continues to slowly improve. I have been keeping track of my total miles ran, and tonight I crossed over 100 miles! Not only that, I also hit my 2nd personal goal of completing 10 miles in one shot.

My miles are adding up fast now. I completed 25 miles this past week alone. My weekly goal now is at least 20-35 miles a week. It's been a challenge balancing running with all my other activities, but somehow it's getting done. Aliya goes out with me the most, but now Niah is starting to come along, too. Even Isaiah and Kiahna tag along from time to time.

As of right now, I plan to run a half marathon in Bentonville, AR, on April 2, 2011. Then I will be running a full marathon here in Oklahoma City on May 1, 2011. IF I feel like I can keep going, I want to run an ultra marathon (50 miles) in Tulsa on July 1, 2011. Some days the goals seem reasonable...other times, they feel a little lofty. Tonight as I hobbled the last mile of the 10, I wonder how will I ever do 16 more all at one time, much less another 40! I'm thankful that I have a little bit more time to train and practice...and THAT'S what gets me out the door with my running shoes on!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great!! Keep on going!!
Glad the girls are helping you out!

Jessica