Sleep, Baby, Sleep!
Last night I decided to take away Isaiah's sleeping pacifier AND his nighttime feedings. I prepared by having TJ sleep in the girls' room and the girls sleeping in the living room.
I laid Isaiah down for the night at 11:00 pm. I went in every 5 minutes to reposition him, cover him up, and pat his back for about 10 seconds. I told him everything was fine, and then I would leave and not return for another 5-7 minutes. He gave in at 11:17 PM. So far, not too bad.
I wasn't sure exactly when he would wake up next. I was preparing myself for him to wake up often (every 1/2 hour to hour), but he surprised me by waking up at 4:32 AM. I let him cry for 5 minutes, and then I did my 5 minute routine. He cried and fussed until 5:02 AM. He did not wake back up until 8:30 AM--which means, HE DID IT!!! He made it 9 hours without a pacifier OR a feeding!!! I was SOOOOO proud of him (and me!) for making it through. I fed him (we were both ready!), and then he slept for another 2 hours.
0 comments:
Post a Comment