Cry Baby
Wednesday morning (the day AFTER this week's episode of The Biggest Loser), I called my sister Betsy to talk with her about it. She is my only episode buddy watcher that I am aware of. I told her that it was a fabulous episode, and that I was crying the last half of the show. She hadn't seen it yet, and didn't really want me to reveal all the details. She said she would watch it and then call me back.
A few hours later she calls me back and says that she thought it was ridiculous. In no way was she even moved to tears--she thought they were all stupid for being so emotional. Well, now if that's not two opposing opinions, then I don't know what is. I told her that MAYBE I was more emotional because of the day we had (read previous post for details), and I was willing to contribute some of the sensitivety to that. After hanging up with her, I decided to re watch the whole episode to see if I would still cry up because usually when you cry the first time, you don't cry the second time (remember Titanic?). So Wednesday night I watched the first half and last night I watched the second half. The conclusion??? I teared up again, but I wasn't CRYING like I did the first time. I still think there was some reason to be a little emotional.
So, my conclusion, (and I can do this because it's MY blog), is that Betsy just has a heart of stone. Her heart is full of callouses that it won't allow her to be sensitive to the emotions of others.
Actually...to be honest, I have this automatic tearing reflex. I can't help but cry when I see someone else crying--even if I really don't want to cry, I do anyway. I also seem to tear up when I hear certain singers hitting pitches they really shouldn't hit.
In summary, it still was a really good episode. Maybe I was a little too emotional...maybe Betsy wasn't emotional enough, but regardless, it was worth watching.
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment