The Big Push
Tomorrow will be the beginning of our last week of school for this school year. As usual, we are ending when most people are thinking about beginning. This will be our 3rd year in a row that we will be finishing up school just in time to journey to Arkansas for Henry's birthday. Of course, the first time that we journeyed, we didn't know what the actual day was going to be...we just knew it was eminent. Come to find out, we had a week to spare!
We are really having to push hard to get everything completed for this year. The girls are working day and night to finish assignments, file papers in their folders, make sure all their folders look nice for report-card day, etc. We will (hopefully) finish everything by Thursday, and then have our party on Friday. I'm not sure exactly what we will be doing yet. Krispy Kremes is on the suggestion list...perhaps roller skating, maybe an afternoon at a water park/pool...maybe a trip to the animal safari. I'm not really sure yet. The only requirement is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Once I get school out of the way, then I need to start thinking about all the things to collect and gather for the trip. I have several projects that I will be working on while I am on "vacation". I always have more to do than what I actually ever get done! Or maybe it's the list keeps growing...I'm not sure. Either way, there is always something to do.
While I am in Arkansas, I will get the finishing touches completed for our Harris Highlights Blog Makeover. It's been years since I have "remodeled", and it's time to do it again. I have all the technical skills, but lack in the creative department. My sister Betsy functions as my web designer--she has all the designing skills.
We will also be doing some canning...maybe some sewing....maybe some homeschool lesson planning. Lots to do! Lots to do!
0 comments:
Post a Comment