Monday, June 8, 2009

4 months--Better Late Than Never

Lately I have been feeling sad...here's the story:

For each one of the girls, I bought them an outfit before they were born. I wanted them to have a special new outfit for their hospital stay when they were born. Because we never knew if we were having a boy or a girl, I always choose a gender-neutral outfit.

This time we knew we were having a boy, and for some reason, I just didn't buy him an outfit prior to his arrival. I don't know why exactly--all the reasons/excuses I had then seem pretty silly now. I was telling this story to my sister Betsy while we were visiting in Arkansas, and it made me pretty sad...SOOOO I went out today and bought him 4 outfits--2 for his pictures tomorrow and 2 for his 5 month pictures. I also bought him some cutie sandals. He is adorable, and I love him so much!!!

The only consolation I have is knowing that while I may not have bought him his first special outfit, his dad DID! TJ bought him his little OU onsie, hat, and bootie socks. Isaiah was absolutely precious in his outfit, and it worked out perfectly. I am thankful that TJ got to participate in choosing a special outfit. It's so much fun! I have to tell myself that I really didn't miss out...I just postponed this special moment for today!!!

1 comments:

Shirley said...

I wanna see his cute little outfits!! ;~)

He's such a sweet baby...