Places Beads DON'T Belong
Last night we found ourselves in the Urgent Clinic . . . AGAIN! Kiahna had put a big bead up her nose. Obviously she did not learn her lesson the last time. I tried to get it out, but I actually ended up pushing it further up inside her nose. I tried to have her blow it out, but she grasp the concept. I decided to take her to the Urgent Clinic and have the doctor remove it.
TJ had just gotten off work so he met us over at the clinic. There was about a 30-45 minute wait in the waiting room. That was fine with me because Clash of the Choirs was on, and I really wanted to see it (the show turned out to be a waste of time).
After we had been waiting there for a while, we started talking to one of the fathers in the waiting room. We told him that our little one had put another bead up her nose. He told us that the same thing had happened to his daughter and that he had helped her get it out by plugging up the other side and making her blow. I told him that I had already tried that and couldn't get her to do it. Then TJ and Aliya tried again to help Kiahna blow it out and this time it worked! We were so happy--Kiahna was very proud of herself!!! I went back to the desk and told them that we didn't need to be seen after all. They told us that we wouldn't have to pay for the exam since she hadn't been examined yet--I was happy about that!
I thought that this time Kiahna would really learn her lesson; however, this afternoon she came to me again and said she had a bead in her nose--sure enough, she did! I was able to get her to blow the bead out. I guess that this particular lesson is going to take Kiahna more than once to learn!
--Heidi
0 comments:
Post a Comment